Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book #16: Because She Can

Well, my last chick lit attempt (Good in Bed, Jennifer Weiner) wasn’t as successful as I had hoped, but I wasn’t going to be put off. I’m a bit late with this post/review, but it was the end of February and I decided what better way to end the month of romance, love and Valentines than with a few more guilty indulgences. (Well, that was my excuse anyway).

That was how I acquired Because She Can, by Bridie Clark. The story of Claire, a 20-something in New York, working for a publishing house, falling in love with the hot guy from school she’s recently met up with in a bar again (oh, and who is even more handsome than she remembered and also suitably rich as well). She’s got everything she wants in life of course so something has to go wrong – turns out, her new job at the publishing house comes with a boss who makes the wicked witch of the west look like Cinderella. And, despite longing for, lusting after, and being totally in love with her handsome high school beau, it turns out Claire’s heart lies with another man!

An easy to read, relatively enjoyable, simple story but ask me about it next February and I probably won't remember reading it, let alone what it was all about. It was just good enough as an excuse to consume a little chocolate... in the shape of a heart of course!

2 comments:

  1. Well I love chick lit and this is a new to me author! Sounds like a good read so I better check this one out! Thanks for turning me on to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the main problem I see with a lot of chick lit, it's not memorable. the charaters and storylines start blending together.

    ReplyDelete