Saturday, May 21, 2011

London Airport on a Stanza Saturday


Photobucket
It's a long weekend here on Vancouver Island - Victoria Day is Monday and I'm told it ensues great celebrations. Husband and I have opted to stay home this weekend, rather than explore the surrounds - and I'm glad we did... it's raining outside!

But that also means it's the perfect day to be catching up on blogs. Weeks, and weeks, and WEEKS ago, I remember a fellow blogger coming up with the idea of a Stanza Saturday - a day dedicated to sharing a spot of poetry. What a great idea I thought. Seven weeks later I'm participating!!!

This week's poem is:
London Airport, by Christopher Logue
In Poems on the Underground (10th edition)

"Last night in London Airport
I saw a wooden bin
labelled UNWANTED LITERATURE
IS TO BE PLACED HEREIN.
So I wrote a poem
and popped it in"


Stanza Saturday is a weekly post, hosted by Denim-Jacket Librarian Dishes, to share poetry from either a home collection or from the library.  Find a book of poems, any poet will do, and open up to a random page and post the first poem you see.  If the poem is rather lengthy, feel free to post just the first stanza and be sure to include the poem's title, the book's title, and the poet. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent poem! Short, simple, and sweet! :) Thank you for sharing, and I hope you'll participate again soon.

    ~DJL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of Poem! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete