Thursday, June 2, 2011

Theme Thursday

Theme ThursdaysTheme Thursdays is a fun weekly event, hosted by Reading Between Pagesthat will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:


  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)


This week's theme is "colours"

"I pictured Kat in her house, perched high on stilts as all the island houses were. It was the colour of lemons. I could see her sitting at the long oak table in the kitchen where over the years she, Hepzibah, and my mother had cracked and picked then thousand blue crabs. 'The Three Egreteers,' my father had called them."
p16, The Mermaid Chair, by Sue Monk Kidd

9 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful lines. I can see the lemon house and the blue crabs. I need to pull this book out. I've had it forever. Your color choice makes me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great passage! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this book. This teaser makes me want to read it even more.

    You can see my post here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see it now! We have very similar taste in books. This is going on my tbr list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was a great fit for this week's theme! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved lemon colored houses! Almost as much as lemon bars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a nice house!
    Thanks for commenting on mine =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome passage and beautiful color here. Color of lemons can never go wrong!

    ReplyDelete