Thursday, June 30, 2011

Theme Thursday

Theme ThursdaysTheme Thursdays is a fun weekly event, hosted byReading Between Pagesthat will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)

This week's theme is "4th of July celebrations"

However, I have flicked through all the books on my bedside table and have yet to find any snippet relating to 4th of July, so I've instead settled on one to do with "celebrations"

"Already waiters were circling with trays of drinks and platters of food. The tables had been moved aside and people were grouped, laughing and chatting, beside the long wall where the covered photographs were hung."
p96, The Villa Girls, by Nicky Pellegrino

As you can see, I'm still slightly hung up on this book, but it's such a goodie you all just have to read it!

7 comments:

  1. This was a toughie. I think you did well. Sounds like a fun time to me.

    My theme post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great for the theme.. Your post reminds me of happiness, party and food and they are allvery much a part of the July 4th celebrations. Glad you decided to post this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For such a tough theme, I think you did just fine!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/06/theme-thursday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good snippet. Very descriptive!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursdays-july-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snippet!
    I got curious about that book...

    Mine: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday-4-de-julho.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a tough meme! But you always nail it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone can participate in Theme Thursday. This page contains a summary of news and info about Theme Thursday.
    hdmi cable

    ReplyDelete