Thursday, July 7, 2011

New meme: Behind the Screen #1

Behind the Screen is a cool new meme hosted by Inga @ Me and Reading It's where we talk about some of the things going on "Behind the Screen" that week. Hop over to her blog to check out her first post!

On the shelf
Well, my bookshelf doesn't quite look like this but it's getting close to it. I've slowly been pottering away at it, trying to tidy it up, rearrange it, and bring some of those books at the back of the shelves (yes I have to double shelf) to the fore - it's just like finding a whole lot of treasure (and dust!)



On the blog
My blog has been a bit neglected of late. I haven't had the headspace to write anything relevant, so I've just stuck to easy peasy memes, but hey, at least that means I'm still blogging right? I've got deadlines coming out my ears at the moment: think articles on investing in antique jewellery, financing business degrees, and sourcing product images for Autumn/Winter interior trends and you'll get an idea of where my attention is going.

On reading

With work and visitors, not only has blogging been put on the backburner, so too has reading (gosh I'm full of excuses this week aren't I!!) But I am now on a roll. Finished my 750page Jeffrey Archer book yesterday, knocked off a couple of sweet 50 page books in between a spot of retail therapy (although I am still feeling very guilty at the length of those books and not sure I can really count them as books towards my goal this year... will see how close I get and whether I need to make up the numbers!). And now I'm back in the flow thanks to Anne of Green Gables.


I think this week is going to be a good one!

4 comments:

  1. Wooo!! I love how you did yours!! Love the Monkey picture LOL. I should organize my shelf as well!

    And 750 page book?! I haven't read a chunkster like that in a while.

    And huzzah on your articles! I can't imagine having to do those and still writing coherent blog entries LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun meme! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    As I promised, I am reading all the posts that are joining in!

    I love the usage of the pictures! That's fun!
    Thansk for being part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new post Behind the Screen and linky are up.
    You can find it here: http://www.ingasilbergbooks.com/2011/07/behind-screen-2.html

    Come and join again!

    ReplyDelete