Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Beginnings...on a Friday



 
A little bit of fun on a Friday, this weekly meme is hosted by A Few More Pages
I'll share the first line (or two) of the book I'm currently reading (including the title and author) and let you know what my first impressions are - good or bad!

I've blogged a little bit about my current book this week so I was going to share a beginning from one on my TBR pile, however, when I went back to the first page of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County it suddenly added a whole lot more to the story, even though I'm already two thirds of the way through! So here it is...

"The day I laid Robert Morgan to rest was remarkable for two reasons. First, even though it was August, the sky overhead was as rough and cold as a January lake; and second, it was the day I started to shrink."
p1, Prologue, The Little Giant of Aberdeen County, by Tiffany Baker

I'm really enjoying this read. It's slightly different, a rather slow story, but beautifully written and the author has given us time to really grow with the characters. 


5 comments:

  1. Hey, neighbor (I'm in Whatcom County, WA),
    What an enchanting opening line! I look forward to your full review. Can't remember if I'm following yet or not, so I am now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How intriguing! I wonder how much the person shrinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! Very intriguing cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so intriguing! I like the cover as well :) looks promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting beginning! I wonder if the narrator shrinks metaphorically or literally?

    ReplyDelete