Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
--Grab your current read
--Open to a random page
--share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
Be sure NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
--Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

"Brenda paused. 'I don't put it on my CV. It's not a nice quality. But I lip-read. I heard you telling your mother.'
p98, Quentins, by Maeve Binchy

I've just started this and true to form I think it's going to be unputdownable. Binchy has introduced all the characters and now we're getting to the next layer of everyone's stories and hidden secrets!

12 comments:

  1. I love Maeve's work. Excellent choice of teaser. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser! Did she really hear, or did she lip-read the conversation? ^_~

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser. I think that would a hard thing to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything by Maeve, but I think you may be on to something here!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Stacey @ www.thewritetomakealiving.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the author. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read and enjoyed Binchy in the past but haven't read this one. Actually I haven't heard of this one. The teaser sounds good so I hope the rest is too.

    Thanks for viisiting us @Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read anything by this author. Sounds interesting though!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-hunger-games-by-suzanne.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. stopping by for teaser tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ages since I read Maeve B. I have a few to catch up on..

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting... lip-reading would be a cool thing to know. thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, i have read a couple of Binchy, this looks like one that needs to be added to my list =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read Binchy, but a friend just shared a whole stack of her books with me. I was unsure at first, but after reading your post and all the comments now I'm looking forward to digging into them!!

    ReplyDelete