Thursday, July 7, 2011

Theme Thursday

Theme Thursdays
Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event, hosted byReading Between Pagesthat will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)

This week's theme is "facial parts"

"...an extraordinary observer might have seen that the chin was very pointed and pronounced; that the big eyes were full of spirit and vivacity; that the mouth was sweet-lipped and expressive; that the forehead was broad and full; in short, our discerning extraordinary observer might have concluded that no commonplace soul inhabited the body of this stray woman-child of whom shy Matthew Cuthbert was so ludicrously afraid."
p14, Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery

(This week's theme was much easier than last week's fourth of July)!

12 comments:

  1. Loved this book haven't read it in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to reread this one! Loved this story as a kid. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Great book, loved reading it. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love Anne of Green Gables. Great snippet.


    My theme post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like such a heel for admitting it, but I never got around to reading this series. Growing up, my mom and I watched the movies (which I LOVED), so I need to get my act together and read them! Awesome snippet!

    Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday.html

    Btw, I'm a new follower!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this one!

    Mine: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-4-de-julho.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. you go girl!! my neighbor had these books on her shelf when i was young. i recall them now seeing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. +JMJ+

    Oh, lovely! Anne is so perfectly described--inside and out--in this snippet. L.M. Montgomery wrote so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! I loved the Anne books when I was young and keep meaning to reread. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great description and perfect for this week's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
    Great post for this weeks theme!

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete