Thursday, July 28, 2011

Theme Thursday


Theme ThursdaysTheme Thursdays is a fun weekly event, hosted byReading Between Pagesthat will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:

  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)

This week’s theme is

ANACTION (go, walk, close, clap etc)

"I ripped off the bandage and applied a generous blob, wincing against the heat that started to build up. I smeared more on and then more again and even daubed the burn on my forearm, then wrapped my hand in a clean dish towel, setting the empty bowl in the sink for the morning."
p199, The Little Giant of Aberdeen County, by Tiffany Baker

13 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursdays-any-action.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one sounds good. I've been curious about this book.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a lot of action, I haven't read The Little Giant yet. I need to pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    The actions of healing definitely give a different vibe to this snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like someone is in a bit of pain.

    Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounded painful to me too. Interesting post. Thanks for visiting
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound painful. Good choice for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow a great snippet for the theme, love those action words, even though it may have caused pain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch! Burns are never fun to deal with.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/07/theme-thursday-any-action.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great one! Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a one of the best theme. It is excellent snippet for the theme. Everything is perfect and i excited for make this type of theme. I like it.

    large plastic storage bin

    ReplyDelete