Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday Tea


Thursday Tea is a little meme hosted at BirdBrain[ed] Book Blog

The Book
Well, I'm currently reading - finally - Anne of Green Gables. It has taken me three decades to get around to reading this all time childrens' classic, and I only wish I had picked it up sooner. It's great fun. I love Anne's fieriness and her endless chatter. I'm only a third of the way through the book, so have plenty more of the story to enjoy, so it's perfect timing to sit down on a Thursday afternoon with a cuppa!

The Tea
Oh, I've been trying to work out which tea would go best. Camomile is too relaxing, ordinary tea is too bland, what I really need is a spicy red tea of some sort. I think that would be most fitting. The closest I can get through from my only little tea supply is "Orange and Cinnamon" 

Do they go together?
Yes, I think they do. The orange provides a lovely fruity flavour and goes perfectly with the spicy cinnamon. And as the little red-headed girl  is providing much spice to the other characters in Avonlea, I think I've got a match!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to read Anne of Green Gables. I should re-read these at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't think I've ever really read Anne of Green Gables! The plot sounds familiar, and I MAY have read it back when I was little, but I don't remember any specifics which tells me I probably didn't actually read it.

    Thanks for joining me for tea!
    - Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog

    ReplyDelete