Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Tea



Thursday Tea is a little meme hosted at BirdBrain[ed] Book Blog

The Book: I'm currently reading The Little Giant of Aberdeen County, by Tiffany Baker and absolutely loving it. This little giant is such a sweetie, despite the horrible people around her. I'm about two thirds of the way through - it's either going to be an all nighter tonight to finish it, or I'm going to savour it for a little longer and finish it tomorrow. Can highly recommend it though.

The Tea: Chamomile... with a touch of honey. I love chamomile tea, but sometimes it can taste a bit like muddy river water. However, I've found a solution to that. Just add a teaspoon of honey to it. Sweetens it up in an instant... particularly when it's honey from my dad's own bees. Yum!

Do they go together?: I don't usually drink chamomile tea in the afternoon, instead I tend to save it for the evenings when I'm just wanting a nice relaxing cuppa before I go to bed. However, I thought chamomile would go absolutely perfectly with this book - and it does. The calming sense of chamomile seems to somehow reflect the gentle giant's character and her sweetness is reflected in the addition of honey.

3 comments:

  1. The book sound very interesting! I'll have to put it on my to read list.

    Thanks for the tip about the tea. I'm not a fan of chamomile but I'll have to try it with honey to see it that changes my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chamomile tea always tastes muddy to me, even after sticking honey in it. I don't have a dad who has his own bees, though, so maybe that's why. :D

    - Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaspoon of honey makes taste of the tea very delicious. I also love to drink chamomile tea in a afternoon. It also take some health benefits.
    herbal tea

    ReplyDelete