Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading? I have just today started Anne of Green Gables - partly inspired, I have to admit, by the royals visit to Canada and their stop off in Prince Edward Island. But I am also ashamed to admit that I have yet to finish Lazy Girls fabulous mini challenge where I had to read something "old" by the end of April - so this is for the April Mini Challenge. Better late than never, right? (She asks hopefully?!)


What did you recently finish reading? I'm a bit late on this post today because I desperately wanted to finish The Fourth Estate, by Jeffrey Archer, and I can report that I have! Didn't enjoy it quite as much as Sons of Fortune, which I read the other month, but still a fabulous read. Archer is quite the story teller!


What do you think you’ll read next? I'm thinking about The Jester of Astapovo,by Rose Tremain and Tangled Web, by Doris Lessing - both are absolutely, beautiful little books, published by the Hay Festival Press. They print a book each year for the festival so I'm starting a collection. Check out their here - it's gorgeous! However, I feel like I'm cheating slightly as they're both only 50 pages in length, but I have just finished a 750 page book so perhaps I'm allowed a light weight read for now.



4 comments:

  1. I loved the Anne books when I was younger. I bought the first three at a library book sale but haven't had chance to start rereading yet. I think I should... Happy reading!

    Here’s my WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorite books of all time.
    Here's my WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collection of books is beautiful. Not familiar with all titles.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2011/07/wwwwednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA way to give me a shout out! Of course better late than never!! And that Mini-Challenge Completion button is all yours when you do :)

    Lah

    ReplyDelete