Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WWW Wednesdays



WWW Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading

To play along, just answer the following three questions: 

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading? 
• What do you think you’ll read next?


What are you currently reading? 
I've just started reading The Little Giant of Aberdeen County, by Tiffany Baker and really enjoying it.


What did you recently finish reading?
When God was a Rabbit, by Sarah Winman. Another easy summer read but I'm really enjoying reading some of the new books that are coming out lately that are slightly out of left field. This was one of them. A really simple story, quite slow moving, but utterly compelling at the same time.  

And I can also say (finally) that I've read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone!

What do you think you’ll read next?
I'm thinking I might go for  book by Joanne Harris. I read Chocolate years and years ago, but haven't picked one of hers up since. Blackberry Wine and Coastliners are currently staring at me from the bookshelf. 

If it's not those two, then it might be the second Harry Potter!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blackberry Wine sounds like a great read, I'll have to check it out. I actually quite enjoy Blackberry wine! LOL Great choices!

    This is my first WWW Wednesdays and I decided to join in after reading your post! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Here's mine:

    http://www.thewritetomakealiving.com/2011/07/www-wednesdays.html

    There were typos in my original comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have selected The Little Giant of Aberdeen County for one of our book group reads this year. I had never heard of it so I will be interested to hear what your final thoughts are.

    And I have Blackberry Wine on my stack of books to read someday.

    Heres's My WWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like interesting choices. What did you think of Harry Potter? It seems a little different from your other books, but sometimes it's fun to switch it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blackberry Wine is a new to me title. I am curious about it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for Harry Potter! lol Great choices - I've never read anything by Joanne Harris, but I do have her on my list. The others look interesting too, so going to have to check those out! I had to laugh at your comment on my blog about being embarrassed to be seen reading the Prince William and Catherine Middleton book. I posted my review yesterday and gave it 3 1/2 stars. It was good, but not great - I enjoyed the pictures more than anything, really. And I'd definitely recommend picking up a Janet Evanovich book, they make great summer reads - quick, funny, fast-moving. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete