Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Tea


Thursday Tea is a little meme hosted at BirdBrain[ed] Book Blog

The Book: I can't get my nose out of this book at the moment. I'm reading Secrets by Lesley Pearse. It's set in the 1930s and is the story of 12-year-old Adele. I'm almost halfway through and already it's kept me on the edge of my seat. So far, Adele has had to cope with so much - I'm hardly coping reading through it all. But the "secrets" have yet to come out, and I have no idea at this stage what they can be.

The Tea: I've gone for just a good old cuppa today. Strong brew, bit of milk and in a very large mug!

Do they go together: I think so. There isn't anything exotic about this tea, but it seemed kind of fitting with the story being set in England - home of the mighty tea drinker! - and at the moment it's set through the depression of the 1930s which gives a bit of a grey, dull atmosphere to the place. Kind of like what my tea looked like today! Still good though :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you get your tea at Murchies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 1930s are SUCH an interesting period of time to read about, but it's also almost always depressing! So I can't read too much about it because I can handle depressing reads all that much. Boooo~

    - Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog

    ReplyDelete