Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Tea


Thursday Tea is a little meme hosted at BirdBrain[ed] Book Blog

The Book: Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier - it's great! Set in London in the 1700s, it's centred around poet, artist and printer, William Blake - but his character is still being developed. At the moment, the characters that take centre stage are Jem & Maggie. He's a country boy moved to the city with his family for work opportunities; she's a street rogue who's showing him the sights!

The Tea: I've been looking for something very English for this one and came across orange pekoe tea bags. (I think that's just a flash name for a black tea bag - but there does seem to be a hint of something orange in there, unless I'm just imagining it). But on the box it says "A truly British Tea since 1903".

Do they go together: Well, 1903, may be a long way from 1793 but I still think they fit perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Orange pekoe is one of the teas that I normally find at hotels, actually! For some reason I always think it'll taste citrus-y, but it never does. :P

    - Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog

    ReplyDelete