Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top 10 Tuesdays


Books on my TBR list this fall



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week, they post a different topic and you get to create your own top 10 list! This week, the topic is: 

Top ten books I can't wait to curl up with this fall



1. The Wild Rose, by Jennifer Donnelly
I can't wait to get stuck into this one but I'm also trying to save it as well. I need to find a week before the end of the year when I can curl up and read these three books - I figure it's an excuse to go back and reread The Tea Rose and The Winter Rose again - without any interruption whatsoever!

2. The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette, by Carolly Erickson
She's such a fascinating woman is Marie Antoinette but I simply don't know enough about her. This year I've stumbled across Carolly Erickson's historical entertainment about various women in history so I think this is a perfect place to find out more about Marie Antoinette!

3. Harry Potter numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... are there any more?!
I'm hooked on the magic of this little wizard. And I don't know why it's taken me so long to pick them up. Although I have come across others who have yet to read them so I don't feel too bad. However, I can't wait to read the rest in the series!

4. White Teeth, by Zadie Smith
I read On Beauty at the very beginning of the year and I'm determined to read another Zadie Smith by the end. If it's not White Teeth it will be The Autograph Man.

5. In a Far Country, by Linda Holeman
I absolutely loved The Saffron Gate by Linda Holeman. It was the first of her books that I'd ever read so am very excited to read more. Even better, I found two on my bookshelf by her that I never even knew I had!

6. Wanderlust: A history of walking, by Rebecca Solnit
I'm not quite sure what to expect of this one, but it's been recommended to me by a friend who has great taste in books so it can only be good!

7. Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe
I have neglected the classics so this fall I really have no excuse!

8. Secret Daughter, by Shilpi Gowda
The cover alone captures me but I've also heard great things about this book since joining the blogging world this year so it's definitely on my TBR pile!

9. The Midwife's Confession, by Diane Chamberlain
It's funny how things always happen at once. I'd seen a few bloggie mentions of this one and then a friend told me she'd been reading Diane Chamberlain's books lately and really enjoyed them so it must be meant to be!

10. Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins 
I've heard such great things I really want to know what it's all about! I feel I'm missing out - but not for much longer!

3 comments:

  1. seven on down to 10 sounds interesting to me. Happy reading to you!
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Rose trilogy by the same Jennifer Donnelly that wrote Revolution??? I neeeeeed if it is!!!

    ReplyDelete